Do you agree with these rules?
- Don’t randomly FaceTime people. If you want to Facetime, shoot them a text or call first.
- One word texts like OK and LOL are conversation killers. Don’t respond with one word, unless you don’t want to talk anymore.
- If someone you know comments on a photo or video you posted, you should respond.
- If someone communicates to you using a certain form of communication, e.g. e-mail, then you are expected to respond using the same form of communication.
- Don’t like your own posts. People see that, and it makes you look weird.
- Don’t ask for likes, comments or shares.
- Don’t take hours to respond without an excuse.
- You don’t actually have to leave a voice message.
- If someone asks you multiple questions via text, don’t just reply to part of the message.
- Don’t post dozens of photos of cheezy quotes back to back.
- It’s OK to text Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, etc. You don’t have to call.
- Don’t have one-on-one’s in the group-chat, better yet, rarely send group chats. They’re mostly annoying and usually avoidable.
- Try not to deliver bad news via text. Don’t deliver bad news via DMs.
- If you don’t get a response, you don’t have to get angry. It’s not always that big of a deal.
- If you have time to post on Snapchat, you have time to respond to text messages.
Read this news article and
bring some questions, thoughts,
and new words to the English Plaza: