Lately, the corona virus is often in the news…
Some questions you can ask in English:
- What would you do if you were on that cruise ship?
- Are you washing your hands properly?
- Are you hoarding anything?
- Did you buy a lot of masks or hand sanitizer?
- Do you have any friends or family in (city name)?
- Are you scared? Are you worried?
- What are you doing with so much time at home?
- Are you taking any precautions?
- Do you think they will cancel the (event)?
- Are you having trouble buying anything?
- How are you staying in touch with (friends)?
Some things you might hear:
- “I heard that many people don’t even know they have it”
- “I heard that it’s only dangerous for the elderly“
- “I’m worried about all the people in (city name) “
- “I hope they find a vaccine soon”
- “I miss my friends”
- “I can find any (toilet paper)”
Some useful words for this topic:
|ache 動詞||serious 形容詞|
|ache 名詞||severe 形容詞|
|attack 名詞||severely 副詞|
|bacteria 名詞||sickness 名詞|
|be sick 慣用句||sneeze 動詞|
|catch 動詞||sneeze 名詞|
|collapse 動詞||spot 名詞|
|condition 名詞||spread 動詞|
|cough 動詞||stomach ache 名詞|
|crisis 名詞||suffer 動詞|
|develop 動詞||sufferer 名詞|
|fever 名詞||suffering 名詞|
|germ 名詞||symptom 名詞|
|headache 名詞||temperature 名詞|
|ill 形容詞||toothache 名詞|
|illness 名詞||transfer 動詞|
|infection 名詞||trouble 名詞|
|pain 名詞||unconscious 形容詞|
|painful 形容詞||unfit 形容詞|
|painfully 副詞||unwell 形容詞|
|pale 形容詞||upset 形容詞|
|react 動詞||upset 動詞|
|reject 動詞||upset 名詞|
|seasick 形容詞||virus 名詞|
Here’s a good news article about the corona virus:
“All the closures are costing money. So are the delayed events. Still, sporting events and businesses are being canceled. This shows how serious the spread of coronavirus is. “