Abigail Carrigan has always lived in a college town. She has lived as far west as California, as far north as Massachusetts, as far east as Florida, and as far south as Mississippi, which is where her family lives today. After a brief career as a ballet dancer, Abigail finished a Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics at the University of Mississippi, where she also studied Mandarin and Arabic. After teaching English for one year in China, she moved to Portland, Oregon, where she completed a Master’s degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Abigail moved to Japan with her husband, Tony, from another college town: Knoxville, Tennessee, where they lived for two years.
Favorite Conversation Topics
- Food (including cooking, eating, and growing)
- Dance (including performance, training, genres, and history)
- Names (including names of people and places, naming practices, and origins of names)
- Linguistics (including how language changes over time and varies in social and regional contexts)
- Fashion (including slow fashion, sustainable practices, fashion trends around the world, and the history of fashion)
- Movies (especially older films made between 1930 and 1965)