- founder – creator, person who started a company, school, or business
- space – the area beyond Earth’s atmosphere
- colonies – a group of people who left their homes to live in a new place
- space exploration company – a company that makes and builds things to explore space
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, and Elon Musk, the founder of Tesla, both think humans will live in colonies in the future.
Jeff Bezo’s space exploration company Blue Origin is preparing to make a colony on the moon as early as 2024. Elon Musk’s space exploration company SpaceX is planning to create a colony on Mars.
Are Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk crazy? Will humans live in space in the future?
Would you like to live in a colony in space? Why or why not?
If you made a colony in space where would you make it? What would it have?
- Do you think gifts are important when dating? What is the best way to show your love for your partner?
- What kinds of gifts should you buy your girlfriend for your anniversary? What kinds of gifts should you buy your boyfriend for your anniversary?
- What about when you get married – should you buy your husband or wife a gift for your wedding anniversaries? If so, what kind of gift?
- What is the best gift you have ever gotten from a partner? What is the worst gift you have ever gotten from your partner?
- What is your dream gift for a partner to give you?
Some people say that sanbai gaeshi (三倍返し), literally “thrice the return,” should be practiced during White Day. They think that the White Day gift should be 3 times more expensive than the Valentine’s one they were given. Do you agree? Why or why not?
Do you think this is a good or bad tradition for relationships?