The English PLAZA provides many useful services for TIU students and faculty. Proper etiquette is expected at all times. Watch the video below for more information on English PLAZA etiquette.
Study Booths and Global Learning Spaces (GLS)
The English Plaza offers a quiet space to study for exams or to collaborate on a group project with your classmates. You can take advantage of this opportunity by reserving a study booth or Global Learning Space (GLS).
To reserve a Study Booth or learn more about the rules, please visit: https://tiugti.com/study-booths/
To reserve a GLS room, please visit the English Plaza at the front desk.
When using the GLS rooms, please make sure to read and understand the following rules:
- This is an English ONLY space
- No food or drinks are allowed
- A minimum of 4 students should be present to use the GLS rooms
- If you leave the GLS room for more than 10 minutes, your reservation will be canceled
- All students should be working on the same project
- Please keep the GLS room clean
- Please be punctual when checking in and checking out
Do you enjoy hanging out with friends, relaxing at the lounge chairs, or chatting with our baristas? Well then come on down to our very own Oregon Cafe residing in the English Plaza. With only your student ID, you can get one free drink per day, such as tea or coffee to boost your energy for classes. If you are feeling lucky, you can play a lottery game for a chance to receive a premium drink such as hot cocoa or milk tea! English plaza staffs are always welcoming, and we look forward to your visit!
PEP (Peer English Practice)
English PLAZA Rules
Watch the video below for more information about the English PLAZA rules.