Lately, the corona virus is often in the news…
Here are some questions you can ask in English:
- Did you hear about the cruise ship?
- What would you do if you were on that ship?
- Are you worried about the virus?
- Are you washing your hands more often?
- Did you buy any masks or hand sanitizer?
- Do you have any friends or family in China?
- Are you scared of the virus?
- How do you feel about the new virus?
- Are you taking any precautions?
- Do you think they will cancel the Olympics?
Here are some things you can say in English:
- “I heard that many people don’t even know they have it”
- “I heard that it’s only dangerous for the elderly“
- “I’m worried about all the people in China”
- “I hope they find a vaccine soon”
Here are some useful words for this topic:
|ache 動詞||serious 形容詞|
|ache 名詞||severe 形容詞|
|attack 名詞||severely 副詞|
|bacteria 名詞||sickness 名詞|
|be sick 慣用句||sneeze 動詞|
|catch 動詞||sneeze 名詞|
|collapse 動詞||spot 名詞|
|condition 名詞||spread 動詞|
|cough 動詞||stomach ache 名詞|
|crisis 名詞||suffer 動詞|
|develop 動詞||sufferer 名詞|
|fever 名詞||suffering 名詞|
|germ 名詞||symptom 名詞|
|headache 名詞||temperature 名詞|
|ill 形容詞||toothache 名詞|
|illness 名詞||transfer 動詞|
|infection 名詞||trouble 名詞|
|pain 名詞||unconscious 形容詞|
|painful 形容詞||unfit 形容詞|
|painfully 副詞||unwell 形容詞|
|pale 形容詞||upset 形容詞|
|react 動詞||upset 動詞|
|reject 動詞||upset 名詞|
|seasick 形容詞||virus 名詞|
Here’s a good news article about the corona virus:
“A new virus is causing concern around the world. Viruses are small particles. They can cause infections and disease. This new virus is called the 2019 novel Coronavirus. It is also called 2019-nCoV.
The virus first showed up in Wuhan, China. As of February 10, the virus had infected more than 40,000 people around the world… “